Open Position: Americas
Associate Software Engineer - Development
International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, IDS has a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. IDS’ customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At IDS you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
International Decision Systems is seeking an innovative Associate Software Engineer in our development team. The successful candidate will design and implement solutions to business requirements for our leasing products. We’re looking for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a solid problem solving sense; an excellent communicator and a willing team-player; excited about giving their best every day. This position involves development specific to customer requests and to general leasing and loan market requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Development
- Performs simple product design, systems analysis and programming activities on applications software which may require research.
- Performs design, implementation and maintenance of single product modules/sub-systems or on lower level issues of multiple products.
- Conducts unit and integration testing for developed functionality.
- Performs simple defect verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Create project estimates and designs for enhancements and new product functionality.
- Develop knowledge of the lease/loan finance industry.
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others.
- Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of enhancements.
- May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects.
- Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 0-1 year software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in CS, MIS, or ECE or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Preferred knowledge in specific technologies (e.g. Java, UniBASIC, Oracle, SQL Server, Unidata) used by assigned projects.
- Familiarity with operating systems including Windows (2003 Server, XP) and UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Sun, Linux).
- Intermediate technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment.
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- Proactive team member with good knowledge of a discrete specialist area.
- Plans and organizes own workload/resources to ensure role responsibilities and commitments are performed to agreed standards, targets, and timescales.
- May provide general guidance or train less experienced colleagues in support roles.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role).
Please submit your resume to email@example.com