Open Position: Americas
Associate Software Engineer
International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class developer of enterprise software products for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in India, England, Australia and Singapore, IDS serves a majority of the top 200 asset finance organizations worldwide. IDS’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value IDS for its nimble and responsive technical expertise. At IDS, you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals providing progressive products and financial knowledge only available from a company with a 30 year history in the commercial finance industry. At IDS, you will create and deliver the products that drive client satisfaction. You will grow professionally and personally in an environment where intelligence, innovation and leadership are valued and rewarded.
International Decision Systems is seeking an innovative Associate Software Engineer in our support team. The successful candidate will perform programming and testing primarily for software defects as well as design and implement solutions to business requirements for our leasing products. We’re looking for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a solid problem solving sense; an excellent communicator and a willing team-player; excited about giving their best every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform programming and testing assignments for defects, customizations and product improvements
- Create project estimates and designs for customization requests and product improvements
- Create programming specifications and test plans
- Utilize Neocase to track current status and ownership
- Develop knowledge of concepts in the leasing industry and learn product processes and features
- Suggest product and documentation improvements
- Submit knowledge to the knowledge database
- Document standards and repeatable procedures
- Advise on product customization requests to determine the best service recommendation
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects
- Proactively contributes as a team member
- Accomplishes own goals and objectives
- Provides assistance to others to ensure tasks in own area are completed within deadlines
- BS/BA in computer science/mathematics/related fields.
- Experience developing and supporting software is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with C/C++, Java, and writing SQL statements.
- Experience with Grails framework and Groovy programming language is a plus.
- Good understanding of algorithms, data structures, and object-orientated programming.
- Structured thinker who is an effective communicator and excellent with programming and analytical skills.
Location: Minneapolis, MN - Headquarters
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role).
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org