Open Position: Americas
Associate Software Engineer
International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class developer and marketer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe, India, and Singapore, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 financial institutions and captive leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology and deep industry expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc. you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
International Decision Systems is seeking an innovative Software Engineer in our development team. We are moving a large legacy application that runs on a UniData database onto Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle. The new application is a standard three tier architecture utilizing a Java technology stack. The web based user interface has been developed with Grails for maximum development efficiency. We’re looking for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a solid problem solving sense; an excellent communicator and a willing team-player; excited about giving their best every day. This position involves working with the application framework and building reusable components for the web user interface. As well as analyzing existing reports and converting them into runnable SQL queries that form the basis for the new reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Development
- Performs systems analysis and programming activities on applications software which may require research.
- Develop reusable components and enhance application framework using Java/Grails.
- Conducts unit and integration testing for developed functionality.
- Convert programmatic proprietary reports to SQL to be executed in an integrated reporting engine, Pentaho.
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others.
- Develop knowledge of the lease/loan finance industry.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects.
- Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices.
- At least 1 - 3 year’s software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in CS, MIS, or ECE or equivalent experience preferred.
- Preferred knowledge in specific technologies (e.g. Java, Grails, SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Pentaho) used by assigned projects.
- Familiarity with operating systems including Windows (2008 Server, Windows 7) and UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Sun, Linux).
- Intermediate technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment.
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role)
Please submit resume to email@example.com