Open Position: Americas
Associate Software Engineer
International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc. you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
International Decision Systems is seeking an innovative Software Engineer in our support department. The successful candidate will research issues, communicate with our customers, and implement solutions based on business requirements for our leasing products. We are looking for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a solid problem solving sense. Someone with excellent communication skills and a willing team-player; excited about giving their best every day. This position involves development specific to customer issues and to general leasing and loan market requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform complex systems analysis and programming activities in support of IDS product offerings.
- Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of issues.
- Provide high quality support to our customers, both internal and external.
- Conduct unit and integration testing for developed functionality.
- Perform defect verification and release testing for assigned products.
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others.
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices in support of IDS product offerings
- Experience with Object Oriented Development standards.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision.
- 0-3 years software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in CS, MIS, or ECE or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred knowledge in IntelliJ IDE
- Preferred knowledge in web service and web development technologies using GRAILS
- Preferred knowledge in SQL Server and Oracle
- Preferred knowledge in UniBASIC and PICK Basic
- Experienced professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of a particular subject and uses that knowledge to complete both simple and complex assignments
- Has good understanding of how own area/team contributes to work unit’s success; recognizes wider business implications of decisions/actions.
- Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) doing individual contributor work.
- Develop knowledge of the lease/loan finance industry.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org