International Decision Systems, Inc. is a world-class software developer of enterprise level software for the commercial finance industry. Headquartered in Minneapolis with global offices in Australia, Europe and India, International Decision Systems, Inc. has a 30-year history of serving the majority of the top 200 leasing organizations worldwide. International Decision Systems, Inc.’s customers are among the largest publicly traded organizations in the world and they value International Decision System, Inc. for its nimble, responsive technology expertise. At International Decision Systems, Inc. you’ll be part of an innovative team of professionals who serve the world’s commercial finance industry with progressive products and financial depth only available from an integrated strategic partner.
Job Summary: International Decision Systems is seeking an innovative Sr. Software Engineer in our development team. The successful candidate will design and implement solutions to business requirements for our leasing products. We’re looking for someone with a strong technical aptitude and a solid problem- solving sense; an excellent communicator and a willing team-player; excited about giving their best every day. This position involves development specific to customer requests and to general leasing and loan market requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Development
- Performs complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities on applications software.
- Performs design, implementation and maintenance of single product modules/sub-systems or on low level issues of multiple products.
- Conducts unit and integration testing for developed functionality.
- Performs defect verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
- Create project estimates and designs for enhancements and new product functionality.
- Document standards and repeatable procedures to facilitate knowledge transfer to others.
- Communicate with customers and other IDS team members regarding the status of enhancements.
- May require occasional travel to client sites or other IDS offices.
- Organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks/assignments/projects.
- Participate in special projects.
- Familiarity with operating systems including Windows (2012 Server, 10) and UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Sun, Linux).
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation.
- Analytical, and problem- solving skills a must.
- Ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to details. Redundant from above
- Ability to function in a high pressure and demanding environment.
- Ability to perform duties independently with general supervision.
- 3-5 years software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BE / B.Tech) from a four-year college or university in CS, MIS, or ECE or equivalent experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- “Required knowledge in Java or J2EE used by assigned products.” and a “Preferred knowledge in specific technologies (e.g. UniBASIC and Unidata) used by assigned products.”
- Intermediate knowledge of relational databases (Oracle and/or SQL Server) with proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL language
- Experienced professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments.
- Has good understanding of how own area/team contributes to work unit’s success; recognizes wider business implications of decisions/actions.
- Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) doing individual contributor work.
- Develop knowledge of the lease/loan finance industry.
Teamwork and Leadership:
- Oversees the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
- Mentor others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Candidate must be able to pass criminal and credit background check.
(The experience criteria used above should not be seen as definitive. Applicants with less experience are invited to apply where they consider that they have relevant experience and/or qualifications that will meet the needs and responsibilities of the role).
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Please send your resume to email@example.com